terça-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2011

Fora de ordem (5)

Em 1938, o senhor Ned Washington escreveu um dos poemas mais bonitos de sempre, o senhor Hoagy Carmichael vestiu-o com uma canção de encantar e, muitos anos depois, as senhoras Marian Mcpartland e Norah Jones recordam-no, fazendo-me deliciar em modo repeat track. Esta obra fala por si.


It's not the pale moon that excites me
That thrills and delights me,
Oh no. It's just the nearness of you.

It isn't your sweet conversation
That brings this sensation,
Oh no. It's just the nearness of you.

When you're in my arms
And I feel you so close to me
Then, all my wildest dreams... they come true.

I need no soft lights to enchant me
If you will only grant me
The right to hold you ever so tight
And to feel in the night the nearness of you.

                                                       The nearness of you

Sem comentários: