sexta-feira, 6 de janeiro de 2012

My new year's resolution # 8 is...


...to read, read, read! Not because i'm obliged to do it but, simply, so i can grow. With the help of a dear friend, i decided to start with Philip Yancey's book "Prayer - does it make any difference?"

"Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). "To let God be God, of course, means climbing down from my own executive chair of control. I must uncreate the world i have so carefully fashioned to further my ends and advance my cause. (...) If original sin traces back to two people striving to become like God, the first step in prayer is to acknowledge or 'remember' God - to restore the truth of the universe. 'That Man may know he dwells not in his own,' said Milton."

"In prayer i shift my point of view away from my own selfishness. I climb above timberline and look down at the speck that is myself. I gaze at the stars and recall what role i or any of us play in a universe beyond comprehension. Prayer is the act of seeing reality from God's point of view."


Thinking and reading about prayer has been quite extraordinary, especially because i'm discovering this utterly lovely language. 
Yet, grow in and trough praying has been the best part ♥ 

Sem comentários: